Guided Bible Studies for Hungry Christians
The Beginnings of All Things Created
Day 1: Light
1 ¶ In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. (Genesis 1:1-2 AV)517. The Spirit of the LORD GOD existed before the heavens and the earth.
518. Before the LORD GOD created the heaven and the earth, there was a great and deep abyss of surging water.
519. The waters that existed before the heavens and the earth was a place that the Spirit of the LORD GOD moved upon.
520. When the Spirit of GOD came to these waters, He was relaxed and contemplative.
This surging and moving water where the Spirit of the LORD GOD came to
relax and contemplate, is the beginning of His plans for creation. All
creation accomplished by the LORD GOD originates from this moving water,
and His Plans for His Creation uses water as the basis for all He does.
Notice as you read the Word of the LORD GOD how water is a central point
in all of the LORD GOD's plans. It is crucial to understand the
relevance of water to the LORD GOD, if you are to understand and know
522. All of the LORD GOD’s Creation is based on these waters, and plays a central part in man’s relationship to Him.
3 ¶ And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 AV)523. The LORD GOD’s first Work of Creation was to make light.
524. Light was used to illuminate the rushing waters, where the LORD GOD received relaxation, refreshment, regeneration and strength.
525. When something is illuminated, it is enlightened.
To be enlightened means that it can be deeply understood and known. The typology for light is illumination and enlightenment.526. The LORD GOD desired that light be shed on the waters. This desire was derived from His contemplation of the waters. Because of this strong desire, He created light to understand the waters more.
527. When the LORD GOD created light, His precious place of waters was illuminated to Him in a powerful and enlightening way. He saw this surging water in a new way, and through his understanding and perception, the creation of light by the LORD GOD became.
Through the LORD GOD’s contemplation of waters, the waters became revealed by light. The more He thought about these waters, the more light was shed upon them. Through the LORD GOD’s very act of thinking about these waters, light was created, and enlightened His understanding even deeper. Therefore, the LORD GOD created light through thinking deeply about the surging waters that He moved upon.528. The LORD GOD saw and considered His creation of light.
Because He “saw” and considered the light, after He had given permission for the light to exist, we can assume that He did not plan the creation of light, but rather, that He allowed the light to happen.529. When the LORD GOD considered the light, He determined that the light was good.
530. As a result of seeing that the light was good, he divided the light from the darkness. He separated the light from the darkness, because He thought one to be good, and one to be not good.
531. The LORD GOD decided that the light that brought illumination and enlightenment was good. Darkness that hid all understanding and perception deeply within it’s blackness was not good. Therefore, the LORD GOD separated the good light from the bad darkness.
Note how the LORD GOD separated the light from the darkness. It’s important to remember that the LORD GOD created light, and that the LORD GOD separated darkness from light.532. After the LORD GOD divided the light, he gave both light and darkness names. By giving them names, the LORD GOD formally declared them as existing and being allowed to exist.
533. The LORD GOD named the light “Day”.
534. The LORD GOD named the darkness “Night”.
Night is considered by the
LORD GOD to be without illumination and enlightenment, which is bad.
It’s very name represents adversity throughout the LORD GOD’s Word.
These basic concepts
of light and dark, night and day, enlightenment and ignorance are
important throughout your studies of the LORD GOD’s Word. Concentrate on
the full and deep meaning of each concept. Your attention to specific
details of these concepts will result in exceedingly great rewards
further on in your studies.
Day 2: Heaven and the Heaven of Heavens
6 ¶ And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. 7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day. (Genesis 1:6-8 AV)536. The second creation of the LORD GOD was firmament.
537. Firmament is another name for the heavens. It was created through the process of expansion.
This passionate act of creation by the LORD GOD is called expansion. This process could be compared to a ironsmith hammering a piece of metal. As the piece of metal is heated then hammered, it becomes thinner and wider and turns into a thin and expanded sheet.538. The creation of heaven was accomplished through the direct effort of the LORD GOD. It was not a simple process, and did not become as a result of his "contemplation and thinking" as was the case with the creation of light. It was a direct act, which required diligent effort to create and to mold Heaven.
539. The LORD GOD used his newly created Heaven to divide the waters. Heaven, therefore, originated from the waters, and was surrounded by the waters as it was created. It remained surrounded by the waters after it was fully expanded into the LORD GOD's completed creation of Heaven.
540. Heaven was built in the midst of the surging waters that the LORD GOD cherished. To complete His Creation, the LORD GOD named the new firmament "Heaven", thus allowing and blessing His new creation to exist.
541. The creation of Heaven took a complete night and day. This time period is measured as the second day. No other creations were made on the second day other than the creation of Heaven.
Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: (Isaiah 42:5 AV)542. Before the LORD GOD stretched the heavens out with the expansion process, He first had to create the substance to be stretched. The LORD GOD created a piece of heavenly essence, that He then stretched out to become the Heavens.
543. There is more than one part to heaven. Heaven consists of many levels. All the levels of Heaven combined are often referred to in the Bible as "heavens." The sky that separates Heaven from the Earth is also called "heavens".
It is usually simple to distinguish which Heaven is being spoken of when it is placed in context with Scripture.
He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion. (Jeremiah 10:12 AV)544. The LORD GOD stretched out the heavens according to His discretion. The intelligence and skill of the LORD GOD was used in this process.
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. (Ps 19:1)545. The heavens declare the glory of God. They are filled with the great splendor of God and are magnificent, impressive and brilliant.
10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands: 11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment; 12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail. (Hebrews 1:10-12 AV)546. The LORD GOD made Heaven with His hands.
547. Heaven was not created to last an eternity. It was made to for a certain time with the knowledge of the LORD GOD that it was perishable.
548. The LORD GOD is able to fold His creation up, and change it according to His Will.
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. (2 Peter 3:10 AV)549. When the heavens pass away, they will do so with a great noise.
550. The time when the heavens shall pass away is known as the "Day of the Lord".
551. This Day of the Lord, when the heavens will perish, cannot be predicted by any man. No one knows when this will happen. Only the LORD GOD knows when His creation of the heavens will cease to exist.
11 ¶ Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. (2 Peter 3:11-13 AV)552. The created heavens and the tiniest of elements will be dissolved with fire on the Day of God.
553. Believers know the LORD GOD's promise of creating new heavens and earth, where righteousness will dwell.
554. Righteousness does not completely fill the created heavens presently.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (Ephesians 6:11-12 AV)555. Spiritual wickedness is currently present in heaven.
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. (Revelation 12:7-9 AV)556. There will be a war in heaven prior to the destruction of the heavens. This war will be fought by the Michael and his righteous angels against Satan and his evil angels.
557. The righteous will win the war, and Satan and his evil angels will be cast out before the heavens perish.
For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. (Isaiah 65:17 AV)558. The LORD GOD intends to create new heavens when the original heavens cease to exist.
559. The new heavens will bring such joy that the former heavens will not be remembered as a result.
Day 3: Earth and Seas
And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. (Genesis 1:9-10 AV)560. The LORD GOD gathered all the waters together into one place so that dry land would appear.
Note how earth was formed.....through the gathering of the water into central locations to expose the land.561. This revealed dry land was called "Earth" by the LORD GOD.
562. The waters were gathered together in one place that was located under heaven.
563. These waters were called "Seas" by the LORD GOD.
564. The LORD GOD saw that the gathering of the waters, and the revealing of dry land was good, and He was pleased.
Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee. (Nehemiah 9:6 AV)565. There are four parts to the LORD GOD's Creation at the third day.
1. Heaven of Heavens
Each of these locations are central to deep and revealing mysteries of the LORD GOD. It is crucial that you understand the formation and creation of each of these to fully understand those mysteries when they are given to you.566. All four parts of the LORD GOD's Creation have things that dwell in each, and all are preserved by the LORD GOD.
And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the third day. (Genesis 1:11-13 AV)567. The LORD GOD allowed the earth to grow grass, the herb which yielded seed. This seed yielding property allowed the grass to flourish throughout the earth.
All grass herbs produce their seed through growth. The seed is not inside them. It comes as a product of growth. For instance, when grass grows to it's fullness, it produces seed on the top of each blade to propagate itself.568. The LORD GOD allowed the earth to grow the fruit tree, whose seed was inside itself. Fruit trees produce fruit, and the fruit contains the seed inside itself. Fruit seeds develop as a result of life, and are contained within the life itself.
Herbs, Fruits and Trees play critical roles in the spiritual and natural development of individuals. The rest of LORD GOD's mysteries concerning these three things will be revealed partially in this study, and in great detail in our next study "The Walk".569. When the herbs and fruit trees grew out of the earth and propagated themselves, the LORD GOD realized that it was good, and He was pleased with the results.
It's important to recognize that from the beginning, the LORD GOD allowed his creation to grow and produce through propagation. Herbs and Fruit Trees come from the earth, and though they were not specifically created by the LORD GOD, He gave His permission for them to exist through the growth of His created Earth.
And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground. But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground. (Genesis 2:5-6 AV)570. After the Seven days of Creation, every plant and every herb of the field had not grown because the LORD GOD had not caused it to rain.
On the third day of creation, herbs and fruit trees were being produced by
the earth, yet Gen 2:5-6 makes a point of saying nothing had grown. How
can this be both ways? The key to understanding lies with three
The LORD GOD's Laws of Nature takes care of the Natural
Life of His Creation.
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. (Genesis 1:29-30 AV)572. The LORD GOD allowed the herbs and fruit trees to grow and propagate so they might feed the man and woman that He would create on the sixth day.
573. The LORD GOD allowed every green herb to grow to feed every beast of the earth, fowl of the air, everything that creeps upon the earth, that has evolved into life.
Day 4: Sun, Moon and Stars
And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. (Genesis 1:16-19 AV)574. The LORD GOD made two great lights.
575. The greater light was made to rule the day. The sun was made to rule over the time of understanding and perception revealed through the LORD GOD.
(Remember...light is enlightenment.)576. The lesser light was made to rule the night. The moon was made to rule over ignorance and adversity against the LORD GOD.
(Remember...darkness is ignorance)577. Both lights were set in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, rule over day and night, and divide the light from the darkness. When the LORD GOD created the sun, moon and stars, He saw that it was good, and He was pleased. As a result of His pleasure, this Creation becomes a pattern for the eventual salvation of His people, and will be explained more deeply in the next chapters.
Up to this point, we have learned of eight different types of Creation accomplished by our LORD GOD...1. Becomes as a result of the LORD GOD's contemplation and thoughts (light)
2. Becomes as a result of separating one thing from another through the direct effort of the LORD GOD (darkness)
3. Becomes as a result of expansion through the direct effort of the LORD GOD (heavens)
4. Becomes as a result of gathering together through the direct effort of the LORD GOD (seas)
5. Becomes as a result of the LORD GOD allowing propagation to evolve (herbs of the earth and Fruit Trees)
6. Becomes as a result of the LORD GOD giving his grace through His influence to regenerate, strengthen, and refresh. (growth of Spiritual things through LORD GOD's rain.. waters from the LORD GOD.)
7. Becomes as a result of the Laws of Nature existing from the Creation of the LORD God (Growth of natural things through the mist...waters from the Laws of Nature)
8. Becomes as a result of the LORD GOD purposefully making new things through His direct effort. (sun, moon, stars)
Each of these methods of Creation are vastly different in nature, but
produce the same results. A new thing is created that was never in
existence before. Our LORD GOD, the Creator of all things, used many
ways to allow His Creation to become according to His Will. These Ways
of Creation can be found over and over in the methods of our LORD GOD,
and special attention should be paid to the beginnings of this
methodology, in order to understand the deeper mysteries as the LORD GOD
as it is revealed to us.
Cite Article Source
MLA Style Citation:
About the Author
Kathy L. McFarland is a Becker Bible Studies Teacher and Author of Guided Bible Studies for Hungry Christians. She has received her Bachelor of Science degree in Religious Studies from Liberty University, and is currently seeking her Master of Divinity (Professional Ministries Track) degree from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary & Graduate School. Kathy is a noted expert on Old Testament exegesis, Christian apologetics, and Bible typology and mysteries.