Guided Bible Studies for Hungry Christians
The Foundation of Jesus Christ
To complete this worksheet, you will need to refer to Matthew 28:1-20, Luke 24:1-53, John 20:1-31, Mark 16:1-20 and your study notes for the correct answers. We have deliberately removed the specific location Scripture promptings so you can have the pleasure of searching the Scriptures for the answers.
851. Who came to the sepulchre of Jesus Christ?
852. When did they go to the sepulchre of Jesus Christ?
853. Why were they going to the sepulchre?
854. What type of spices did they the women bring?
855. What was the purpose for the spices?
856. What caused the stone from the sepulchre to be rolled away?
857. What caused the great earthquake?
858. What did the angel of the Lord do after rolling back the stone from the door?
859. What did the angel of the Lord look like?
860. What happened to the watchmen that were placed as guards on the tomb of Jesus by Pontious Pilate?
861. What concerns did the women have about their task at the sepulchre?
862. What did the angel of the Lord say to the women as they approached the tomb?
863. When did the women come into the sepulchre?
864. What did the women find inside the tomb of Jesus Christ?
865. What did the young man inside the tomb say to the women?
866. Who did Mary contact when she ran to report the missing body of Jesus?
867. What did Mary tell the disciples?
868. Who were the women that reported that Jesus was missing to the eleven disciples?
869. What did the disciples think of the women's report of the missing body of Jesus?
870. Who finally went to check out the women's report?
871. Who got to the sepulchre first?
872. What did John see in the sepulchre?
873. What did Simon Peter find when he went into the tomb?
874. What did John see as he entered the tomb?
875. What did Peter think about the empty tomb?
876. What did seeing these items and the empty tomb cause John to believe?
877. Why didn’t John know that Jesus Christ had risen from the dead when he saw the empty tomb?
878. What did Peter and John do after finding the tomb empty?
879. What did Mary Magdalene do after Peter and John left the tomb?
880. What did Mary see in the sepulchre?
881. What did Mary tell the reason for her tears, when asked by the angels?
882. Who did Mary find standing behind her, as she turned back from the angels after talking with them?
883. Who did Mary think the man standing at the tomb was?
884. What was the conversation between Jesus and Mary Magdalene at the tomb?
885. What did Mary Magdalene see of Jesus that no other person did as recorded?
886. What process of resurrection was necessary before Christ could be touched?
887. What can we learn from the process of resurrection, to help us understand our own resurrection process?
888. How was Mary able to recognize Jesus Christ in the middle of this process?
889. Who were the next people to see the resurrected Jesus?
890. How do we know that this is a separate sighting, different from the first contact Mary Magdalene had with the partially resurrected Jesus Christ?
891. Where were the women going when the Resurrected Jesus Christ came to them?
892. What did the completely Resurrected Jesus say to the women?
893. What did the disciples think when Mary Magdalene told them that she had seen and spoken to the Lord?
894. What did some of the watchmen that were guarding the tomb do when they recovered from their fainting spell?
895. What did the chief priests do when informed of the developments at the tomb?
896. What was the lie that the guards were instructed to tell?
897. What would keep the guards from being in deep trouble with the governor when he heard this lie spoken?
898. What significance does this bribery to the guards, and their subsequent lies, have today?
899. Who were the two disciples that saw the Resurrected Jesus on the road?
900. Where were the two disciples going?
901. How far was this village from Jerusalem?
902. What were they talking about when Jesus drew near them?
903. What did Jesus do when he met up with them?
904. Why didn't they know him?
905. What did Cleopas tell Jesus was the reason for their sadness?
906. What was Jesus Christ's exclamation to the two men?
907. What did Jesus then expound to the two men?
908. Where did the men and Jesus go when they made it to the village?
909. What did the Jesus Christ do that night?
910. What did the Resurrected Jesus Christ do with the bread?
911. What happened when the bread was given to them?
912. Why did the breaking of bread with Christ cause the men to recognize him?
913. What happened when the men recognized the Resurrected Jesus Christ?
914. How did the two men confirm that the stranger was the Resurrected Jesus Christ?
915. What did they do when they realized with certainty that it was the Resurrected Jesus Christ?
916. What were the eleven disciples talking about?
917. What did the two disciples say to the eleven disciples about their visit with Jesus Christ?
918. What happened as the disciples were speaking together?
919. Why had the disciples been assembled together?
920. Why were the disciples terrified when they saw the Resurrected Jesus Christ?
921. How did Jesus prove that he was the Crucified, then Resurrected Jesus Christ?
922. How did Jesus try to prove that he was not a ghost when they wouldn‘t believe?
923. Why did Jesus taunt the eleven disciples as he ate with them?
924. What did Jesus share with them, as he had shared with the two men on the road?
925. How did the disciples finally understand the fulfillment of scripture through Jesus Christ?
926. What did Jesus say to them after their eyes were opened?
927. How did the disciples react when their eyes were opened?
928. What gift did Jesus Christ give them when they recognized him as the Resurrected Jesus Christ, Son of God?
929. What specific gift was given to them through the Holy Ghost?
930. Which disciple did not receive this ability?
931. Why didn't Thomas receive this ability?
932. What did he say when the disciples told him who Jesus was?
933. What happened to Thomas eight days later?
934. What did Resurrected Jesus Christ tell Thomas to do?
935. How did Thomas respond to Jesus Christ's presence?
936. What message did Jesus Christ have concerning doubting Thomas?
937. Why were these signs written by John in his book?
938. What did the eleven disciples in the mountain in Galilee?
939. What message did the Jesus Christ give to the disciples on the mountain before he ascended to the LORD GOD?
940. Where did the Resurrected Jesus Christ go after speaking the "Great Commission" and the "Signs of a Believer"?
Cite Article Source
MLA Style Citation:
About the Authors
Kathy L. McFarland is a Becker Bible Studies Teacher and Author of Guided Bible Studies for Hungry Christians. She has received her Bachelor of Science degree in Religious Studies from Liberty University, and is currently seeking her Master of Divinity (Professional Ministries Track) degree from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary & Graduate School. Kathy is a noted expert on Old Testament exegesis, Christian apologetics, and Bible typology and mysteries.